About Me

My photo
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."

Friday, November 4, 2011

As of Late

Okay, this post is going to be pretty chaotic and disorganized and crazy. Kinda like China! These past few weeks have been a blur. We've been busy doing so much fun random stuff. I can't believe we only have 5 weeks left here in China! I'm going to miss it so much.



First off, it's still sooo hot and humid! It has been in the 90's here! Haha what? It's November! Craziness. I guess this Thanksgiving I will be thankful for AC. Oh, and what else is crazy? I'll tell you. We're going to Beijing on Thursday! I'm so excited! Great Wall here I come!




We have gone on plenty of motorcycle rides. I don't why it's so fun. It's usually when cruising around on a motuo che at night that I remember I'M IN CHINA! This driver would sing to us. But only when going very fast. "WO AI NI!!!" Which means I love you.
Our happy little family at the tippy top of an awesome pagoda in XiaoLan. A couple weekends ago we took the sky train to XiaoLan to stay with another ILP group. It was really fun to visit their town and school and have a giant sleepover.
They have this awesome elephant statue in their neighborhood.
Four people on a motorcycle? Sure!
Sleeping on the bus ride home from church. Napping on the bus is like the cool thing to do here.
Best noodles ever! 5 yuan. Or 75 cents! Yes please!




We made this awesome robot in class out of the spaghetti sauce can mom sent haha.




Blake, the gate guard.





Oh heyyyy there. I think I forgot how to smile.



Errr. We like stripes.




KTV! Chinese Karaoke! Jack's parents decided to take us out one wednesday night. We all sang and danced our little hearts out. "Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightening me! Galileo, Galileo!"




This is Jack's dad. He's pretty crazy. But so nice!




We so strange.




I told Jack's mom that we like french fries... Haha and this is what they brought us a few minutes later. We were a little excited.




Ewww chicken feet!




Blake and some new crazy friends.




Spaghetti! So yummy. China doesn't believe in can openers. Yeah, I had fun getting that can of sauce open...




We went to visit Jack's house last week. His parents are teachers at a huge high school about 30 minutes away. They live in apartments on campus. The school is sooo nice! It even had a pond right in the middle of campus. There's a rock wall, a huge pool, and tons of sports to play. And we're welcome to come swim or play ping pong or climb whenever we want. Chinese people are so kind!




After we got a tour of the school Jack's parents took us out to eat some BBQ! They seriously ordered like 9 of everything. We had so much food. It was delicious. Jack's parents are pretty cool, his mom speaks good english and his dad knows some english so it's fun to hang out with them.




Oh yeah, I got China bangs! I kinda like them.




We went to Peter's house for a home visit last week too. We got to ride the bus home with him after school. His mom is crazy! But she's so nice. She put 12 oranges in my purse! I didn't really try to stop her though, they were just so dang good!




John!




Oh my gosh, I'm so obsessed with that cute face.



ah vampire




Seriously, he's so cute.




He'll fit in my suitcase right?




Aw kisses.We were a little bored the other night...
We went to walmart on friday and ran into these guys, they were so goofy and awkward. The one in black is Aaron and he spoke pretty good english so he was really excited to talk to some foreigners, and they other one we named Chad, he had the cutest little giggle. They really wanted to be our friends.




So they took us to Venice, a fancy restaurant they work at, and bought us ice cream and delicious french toast. They were so sweet!




me and mands at the sun yat sen park




Mandy and her bus boyfriend Jack. He was so adorable. People are always so excited to talk to us in english and be our friends.


Blake and Lee, they took us out to dinner.




and we rode some motorcycles




and went to a disco roller rink/bar/dance club





anna and her boys




I think this is when I lost my earring.




I got a few bug bites =[ They're soooo itchy!
Doing some kung fu with Jet! He's awesome, and we just look like goobers haha.

Oh, a funny random thing happened a while ago. I was doing my laundry and I saw someone else doing laundry on their balcony across from ours. I was being wierd so I casually hollored at him and said "Hey neighbor! Doing some laundry? Me too!" I was surprised when he actually replied... I totally didn't expect that he would speak english, I was just being goofy! Not many people speak english in our little town so I was pretty shocked. It was so funny to be on our little balcony yelling across to some random neighbor, just chatting while doing laundry. So many funny little random things like this happen all the time. I love it! I wish I could remember more! Well we're off to chinese lessons! And then to Beijing in two days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment