About Me

My photo
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where do I even start?

My little adventure has already been so crazy and amazing!


I LOVE CHINA!




Well, I guess I should start from the beginning.



Sunrise in Korea after our 15 hour flight from LAX (worst airport ever.)

Hong Kong.







Stanley Market.



Boat ride.



Hong Kong Temple.



We spent two days in Hong Kong being tourists and trying to get climatized to the insane humidity. It was pretty awesome. We found this cute little park with duck ponds, a waterfall, parrots, and lots of jungle like plants. We kept walking around and found a random Nepalese festival thing with beautiful dancing ladies in traditional Nepalese clothing, and awesome music. Amazing. We had a half day tour on the second day with this crazy asian lady tour guide. She had the funniest laugh. We went to Victoria's Peak, Stanley Market, and an old fishing harbor where Jackie Chan has filmed some of his movies. We also drove past his house. After our tour we went to the Hong Kong Temple, got some delicious pizza, and did some shopping/bargaining. And finally we took a ferry to mainland China and made it to our little home away from home in Zhongshan. I'll put up pictures of our apartment, school, and town on the next blog post!


No comments:

Post a Comment